Reflect on your experience in the course, your development of PLN, your use of social media platforms and networked publics.

I feel positive in EDCI-338. EDCI-338 is the most special class I have ever taken in UVic, and I can’t even find this class in BrightSpace. Because of the above reasons, I am always afraid that I will miss some assignment deadlines. In this class, for the first time, I use Mattermost as the carrier of the class. On this open-source website, I actively share what we have learned with other students. We read each other’s blogs and leave comments about our feelings. In such frequent exchanges, we have all gained growth. Especially in the final project, my team and I cooperated well and communicated smoothly. Our team finally chose to use Powtoon for our final project. Although I have never used Powtoon, with the friendly help of my team members, we finished the animation production. I never thought that I could make such an animation, which is also the result of the help of PLN. I hope I can make progress with my PLN after graduation.

Note any changes in your perspective of social media in professional settings and personal use.

Through this lesson, I learned the importance of making my own digital identity. I didn’t really like spending time on social media before, I think it’s a waste of time. Now I have changed my mindset, and building my own digital identity will benefit both study and work. Not only that, a good digital identity will have a positive impact on people. Even if you are not as good at a digital identity, you will become better in that direction in real life.

How you can pivot your PLN into your next steps

I will graduate after this semester, so I will return to China and build a new PLN. I will use what I learned in this lesson to enrich my PLN. I hope that my PLN will be connected with my work, so that I can better record my work experience. I will communicate and learn with other people through the new PLN, and hope that my new PLN will also be in China smoothly.